According to nutritionists*, rabbit meat is good for you! It’s both succulent and flavoursome, and the meat combines both healthy eating and good flavors.
With its qualities of tastiness and good nutrition, rabbit has everything to satisfy gourmets who are concerned about their health. It is especially recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers, for the young, the elderly and even sports enthusiasts…
Rabbit meat is very delicious, healthy, and full of nutrients. Our body needs many proteins to work usually and it has many easy digestible proteins that help our body to function normally.
Rabbit meat contains proteins even higher than beef or chicken. It is excellent for excellent body metabolism. Eating rabbit aids a varied and balanced diet. A balanced food, providing energy and fitness!
Back in the 1940s and 1950s rabbit meat was as common for dinner as chicken is today, even today some of the few reasons why you should consider adding some of it’s meat to your diet and Raise some rabbits in your lots, yards, or pastures include:
Read Also: Different Systems of Rearing Rabbits
- It is one of the best white meats available on the market today.
- The meat has a high percentage of easily digestible protein.
- It contains the least amount of fat among all the other available meets.
- It contains less calorie value than other meats.
- It is almost cholesterol free and therefore heart patient friendly.
- The sodium content of rabbit meat is comparatively less than other meats.
- The calcium and phosphorus contents of this meat or more than any other meats.
- The ratio of me to bone is high meaning there is more edible meat on the carcass than even a chicken.
- Rabbit meat with the many health benefits does not have a strong flavor and is comparable to chicken but not identical.
- Rabbits are one of the most productive domestic livestock animals there is as Rabbits can produce 6 pounds of meat on the same feed and water as the cow will produce 1 pound of meat on the same feed and water.
Cautions before eating rabbit meat
No doubt rabbit meat is the healthiest meat with a lot of benefits, but still, you need to know cautions of before having it.
If you are taking only rabbit meat, then there is a chance you get protein toxicity. It has a lot of protein, but the case of protein toxicity is infrequent.
Avoid wild rabbit meat
It’s right for you to know the exact source of rabbit meat. It is better to buy a rabbit from the farm as you can understand what were they fed. Wild rabbit meat can cause health problems.
It is necessary to cook the rabbit properly. You can boil it 2 to 3 times before cooking to ensure safety, and if you are making it for the first time, you should find a proper way to cook it.
So as you can see there are many health benefits to eating rabbit meat as well as some cautions to be taken before eating rabbit meats. It is healthy for you and cheap to produce. Why not try to incorporate some of it’s meat into your diet today! Try it you’ll like it! Use rabbit as a replacement for chicken in any chicken recipe.
It is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and proteins. It has a lot of health benefits, and it’s cheap to produce. The phosphorus and calcium contents in rabbit meat are more than any other meat. It is not readily available like beef, chicken, and pork in our supermarkets.
The reason is not that it is not tasty; the reason is that it’s not mass-produced. But you can get it from any local farm. It is one of the healthiest meat so why not to try it? Replace chicken from any chicken recipe with it. You will find it very tasty and beneficial for you.
Read Also: Benefits of Rabbit Production