Cucumbers can be regarded as a fruit and also a vegetable which are usually eaten raw. It can also serve as an ingredient for garnishing in salads, soups and stew if possible or as accompaniments to various foods. The fruit has a mild flavor, with a thin, dark green, tender skin that does not require peeling.
Thou many people mistake the real cucumber with the popular sea cucumber and some even refer to them with different names like: english cucumber, lemon cucumber, pickled cucumber e.t.c.
Cucumber fruits can be very beneficial to body, some of which includes:
1) It helps to cut down the risk of cancer: Several research studies have shown that by including cucumber in your diet, your body has the benefit of fighting against cancers therefore literally, cucumber fruits aid in cutting down several cancer risks.
2) It keeps your body hydrated: According to analysis, cucumber fruits contain 96% of water which is usually noticed when being chewed.
3) It aids in weight loss and also reduces cholesterol: Study has shown that most people who eat lots of cucumber tend to lose weight as cucumber helps in cutting down their weight. Cucumbers also have a compound called “sterols” which helps to reduce bad cholesterol as well.
4) It refreshes the mouth and bad breath: It has been proved that Cucumber fruits helps to refresh your mouth and heals diseased gums thereby leaving your mouth smelling good.
Read Also: Cucumber Farming Guide
5) It revives the eyes: Most times you notice that during facial treatment a slice of cucumber are placed on the eye, it is not just an ordinary routine but it is a form of reducing under-eye bags and puffiness.
6) It helps in normalizing internal or external body heat: Whenever you are notice that you are feeling an internal or external heat, you should eat cucumber and your body will get relief from heartburn or heats. It can also be applied on your skin to get relief from sunburn and itchy skin.
7) It nourishes you with vitamins: As cucumber contains vitamins such as vitamins A, B and C, which usually boosts your immunity system, gives you energy and keep you glowing.
8) It helps to steady the blood pressure: Those who struggle with blood pressure; either high blood pressure or low blood pressure, can be encouraged to eat cucumbers as it will help them find relief to this by eating cucumber.
Read Also: The Different Types of Snail Food
9) It flushes out toxins and Keeps kidneys in shape: Research findings have proven that regular use of cucumber is known to flush out toxins that build up in the body and also dissolve kidney stones, as well as lowers uric acid levels in our system.
10) It alleviates muscle and joint pains: The vitamins and minerals in cucumber helps and stand as relieve to muscle and joint pain.
11) Its good for treating diabetics: Doctors usually recommend this for patients whom are diabetic. This is because cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
12) It supplies skin enhancements: Cucumbers contain magnesium, potassium and silicon which are minerals that are very good skin enhancement and youthfulness.
13) It helps in smoothing hair and nails: Cucumbers contain silica which is a mineral that makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier.
Related: The Complete Classification of Crops