Below are some of the basic amazing advantages of snail farming business in agriculture:
1. Snail shells serves as calcium used for animal feeds.
2. Snail farming require little land or space.
3. Snail feeds are cheap and readily available.
4. Snail farming in Nigeria is not capital intensive.
5. Snail farming is easy to run.
6. Snail doesn’t require too much attention like other agricultural practices or livestock thereby making it easy to run part time.
7. Snail farming requires little or no man power or labor.
8. Snail farming doesn’t constitute nuisance to the environment which is usually the case for other livestock farming in terms of noise and animal waste.
9. Quick growth, Snails are highly productive, can produce over 300 eggs over a year.
10. Snail meat is rich in protein, and its low level of cholesterol and fat.
11. Snail farming can easily be combined or incorporated with other farming practices.
12. Snails are basically harmless creatures.
13. Snail farming is a good source of income for the family.
14. Snails have Low mortality rate engaging best management practices.