Today we are going to be discussing about how to grow urban organic vegetables, as well as herbal and spices.
1. Planting media (soil, saw dust, water, dry grass etc). For holding the roots of a plant.
2. Charcoal dust (cooling agent)
3. Hard wood ash. (balancing the acidity and alkalinity of the soil. “pH”)
4. Lake sand (aeration)
5. Manure, (plant feeds)
6. Seeds / seedlings.
7. Mulches (coffee husks are the best)
Mixing all the Materials
- Mix the materials (planting media, charcoal dust, lake sand, Manure and ash,) in the ratio of 3:1:1:1:2kgs respectively.
- Fill the container with well mixed soil,
- Leave the container with well mixed soil for like 3-4 days to rest.
- After 3-4 days , u can now plant ur seeds or seedlings
- Then mulch ur garden with coffee huskes , or cotton huskes .
- Water ur garden gently to avoid damaging of ur young seedlings. Management
~Water gardens every evening.
~ prun ur gardens where necessary.
~Spray with organic pesticides.
~Earthup ur garden to allow water penetration.
( Have it fresh and organic direct from ur backyard for better health )