Benefits of Rabbit Production
In rabbit production, capital requirement is minimal, with some wire mesh, nails and wood a hutch can be constructed. Spacing is also minimal and It can be set up at backyard.
Feeding rabbits is very cheap. Though supplementation with concentrate or grain is sometimes necessary and definitely will increase growth rate. Feeds of no direct value to humans can provide the main feed at almost no cost.
Rabbits can be tended by women in Rabbit Production, children or men unlike bigger animals for it needs no force to be restrained.
Because they produce offspring regularly (gestation period of 28 – 32 days) they form a regular source of income instead of a large amount at once.
It matures for table between 5-6 months, breeding 5-7 months.
Rabbits are prolific animals.
It is not a smelly or noisy animal and can easily be kept near people’s houses and school buildings.
It produces rich manure for gardening or flowers beds.
Few of the Rabbit Farming Benefits are:
- Rabbits are very fast growing animal.
- Their food converting rate is better than other animals.
- One female rabbit can give birth about 2 to 8 kids each time.
- Rabbit Farming business requires less space and it can be done anywhere at the farm, backyard, on a terrace or even at home.
- Production costs are less, compared to other large sized animals.
- Rabbit meat is very tasty, nutritious and easily digestible. All aged people can eat without any problem.
- There are no religious taboos consuming rabbit meat.
- Rabbits are placed after poultry In the case of meat production.
- Rabbit farming requires less labor compared to another animal farming business.
- Commercial rabbit farming business requires relatively less capital and you will get back your investment within a very short period.
- As it is a highly profitable business, so commercial production can be a great source of earning and employment.
- You can meet up your family nutritional demands through raising a few number of rabbits.
- Rabbit wool is 6 – 8 times warmer than the contemporary sheep wool. It can be mixed with silk, polyester, rayon, nylon, sheep wool, and other fibers to make good quality hand-looms as well as hand knitted apparels.
- Rabbit business gives tremendous income source and is not a seasonal business as productivity from rabbits is same throughout the year.
People usually raise rabbits as pets. But raising them commercially can be a great source of income and a smart way of employment. The annual demand for meat is increasing rapidly throughout the world and right now poultry, beef, and pork meat are controlling this huge demand.
Commercial rabbit production can play a very important role to meet up this demand. So the rabbit farming business has a great opportunity.
The fundamentals and basics of commercial rabbit rearing can be classified into two categories and that is :
(1) Breed selection
(2) General management techniques which include the following:
(a) Understanding rabbits.
Under this we consider the following:
(1) Meeting the demands e.g. fined – boned (more meat less bones)
(2) Expected litter size between 8-10 kits.
(3) Personal preferences e.g. color of the rabbits
For the general management techniques of rabbit production which include the rabbit housing, rabbit feeding, rabbit breeding, rabbit health and rabbit marketing, always visit our website for their well detailed information’s.
Related: List of Problems Confronting Livestock Production
Related: Record Keeping in Commercial Pig Farming
Read Also: Recommended Equipment‘s and Tools Needed in Snail Farming Business
Read Also: Mechanism of Animal Body Defense against Stress
Read Also: 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Cherries
Read Also: 22 High Fiber Foods we have and their Contents
Read Also: 21 Amazing Nutritional and Health Benefits of Orange Juice
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!
Have you visited our Market Place Today? Follow this link to visit Agric4profits.com Market Place now to check out our affordable products & services that might interest you and solve your current needs at a very cheap price.
3 thoughts on “Benefits of Rabbit Production”
Could you have any pdf for dairy cow, goats and poultry
Yes, here are the links to access them: For poultry visit: https://agric4profits.com/product/comprehensive-poultry-farming-guide/
For Ruminant Animals visit: https://agric4profits.com/product/comprehensive-ruminants-farming-guide/